At the Stanley Home Museum, we depend on volunteers for every aspect of our operations. That means you can choose from a variety of assignments to help us out, depending on what you would like to do and how much time you have available. Help us further our mission to renovate, preserve, and operate Rockside by volunteering your time and talents. Some of our volunteer needs include:
- Interpretive Guides - Guides are the lifeblood of the Stanley Home Museum. Simply put, we could not be open to the public without them. We are looking for enthusiastic guides to engage with and inspire visitors by developing a deeper understanding of F.O. and Flora Stanley's lived experiences, character, and leadership. We can provide the training for you to conduct 1-hour tours for 2 to 8 people. Our guides lead two tours during a 4-hour shift on days of their choosing.
- Shuttle Drivers - Limited parking at the Stanley Home Museum means that visitors begin their trip back in time on a shuttle from the Estes Park Visitors Center. You will meet local residents and visitors from all over the world driving the shuttle during a 4-hour shift on days of your choice.
- Fundraising Events - Are you a party person? You might enjoy helping to organize or host our Vinos on the Veranda or Yuletide Open House, or perhaps coming up with other fundraisers is more of your thing.
- The Feather Dusters - Isn’t tidying up someone else’s home more interesting than your own? You can join our group of friendly Feather Dusters for a morning of thrice-annual cleaning or appear on any Monday for as little as one hour. With care, dust Flora Stanley’s writing desk and many more historic pieces throughout the home.
- Gift Shop and Customer Experience Facilitators - Do you enjoy helping someone pick out just the right gift? Our shop will offer souvenirs and museum branded merchandise. During 4-hour shifts on days of their choosing, the sales staff also answers questions about the tours and assists with reservations.
- Landscape Design and Maintenance - Do you enjoy working in your yard or wish you had a bigger one? We need people who can spend several hours a week during the growing season to make the Stanley Home Museum property an attractive place for visitors to take in the beautiful mountain scenery. If you are interested in landscape design, we have got an almost blank slate for your suggestions.
- Construction and Restoration - Come work with us to restore the beautiful historic Stanley home to its early 1900s state. If you have any construction or repair skills, we would love to have you on our list to call when help is needed on projects large or small.
- Social Media & Communications - If you enjoy getting the word out, you could help contribute to our website, Instagram account, Facebook page, or bi-annual newsletter; submit information and photos to local newspapers about our activities, or develop promotional materials.